February 6 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM$375
Equilibrium Master Roasters is proud to kick-start your week at MICE with an Inspirational Day of Roasting Lectures presented by Rob Hoos & Roastress Coops!
Get Fired Up because Firestarter is an awesome opportunity to stoke that fire in your belly and network and meet with industry professionals as well as continue to build on, further enhance and explore your skills and knowledge in the blazing world of coffee roasting! Often disappointed by going to roasting workshops and just sitting there listening to ‘overviews of roasting concepts’, we at EQMR decided to turn up the heat and Blaze the Way by recognizing the need to offer more Live/Real-time/Relevant Roasting Examples & Roast Profile Analysis to support (or debunk!) the many roasting theories out there discussed and explored!
We want to give you more Applicable Knowledge that you can take back and instantly apply in your Roastery!
So we’re taking over the Project 281 Cafe/Roastery for the day to do just that. With a jam packed day of Lectures, Discussion, Networking, Exploration & Roast Profile Analysis from 8.00am-5.00pm, we hope you take the opportunity, whilst he is here in Melbourne, to come and learn from Rob (& Anne) on the following topics which will be presented:
* Overview of the Anatomy of a Profile – refresher on specific data points & terminology
* Roast Profile Analysis – Tasting & connecting with examples of various Roast Profile Approaches/Defects
* Producers Perspective – Knowing your Green – Experimental Processing & how to get the best out of it!!
* Roasters Perspective – Knowing your Machine – Operation and Maintenance
* Roasting Forum Discussion, Beer & Whiskey!
What You Get:
– Expert & Industry relevant advice from Awesome Coffee Industry Professionals
– Applicable Knowledge that can be taken back and applied in your own workplace
– Networking opportunities
– Cool swag to take home Absolutely Everything you need for the day is provided!
NOTE: This day-long Workshop will be delivered at an Intermediate Level and is best suited to those that are already roasting coffee – it is not designed/targeted at those currently not roasting coffee.